Dominic Cheek  

Posted by Brooks

Dominic Cheek's coaches for the Playaz Basketball Club recently told Adam Zagoria that it would be at least until September before he even came up with announcing his preliminary college list.

Cheek, standing at 6'5", is the No. 4 shooting guard in the Class of 2009 according to Rivals.com. He recently told reporters in Connecticut during his visit to elite camp that UConn, Villanova, Tennessee, Wake Forest and Kansas will make the list and that he’s planning an official visit to UConn.

According to Adam, Memphis is also very interested. Cheek recently told Indiana's primary Scout.com writer with regard to an official visit to Indiana that he's "going to make it happen".

“I’m really, really thinking about them now,” Cheek said. “They’re definitely going to be on my list when I make my list.”

Scout Marc Maggard of RoundballRecruiting.com recently said on Nashville's affiliate of ESPN radio, 106.7 The Fan, that he did not feel like Tennessee was a real contender in the race for Cheek's services. In speaking with UConn's staff after Cheek's visit to elite camp, Marc said that the staff did not seem to think Tennessee was one of the teams to fear.

*EDIT

Adam Zagoria caught up with Cheek today and he said he has plans to visit both Indiana and Memphis. He said he is considering, “Memphis, Kansas, UConn, Seton Hall, Rutgers, Villanova, Wake Forest and Tennessee...That’s probably the list I’m planning on cutting down soon,” Cheek said.

“I’m definitely going to visit those two schools (Indiana and Memphis),” he said. “I’ve been to Seton Hall, I’ve been to Wake Forest and Villanova (and Rutgers).”

* image courtesy of Scout.com

0 comments

Post a Comment

Contributors

My photo
Birmingham, AL
In my opinion, college basketball is the greatest overall sport. March and April are my favorite times of the year. My wife says I have an obsession.

Contact

If you have questions, concerns or comments not related to a particular post, you may email me at hansen.brooks@gmail.com. Thanks for reading.

Please visit

My best friend (since I was about two years old) is currently serving full-time as a missionary in China. On his blog, you can learn about what type of ministry he is doing, the struggles he faces in doing that ministry and how you can help. If you have a free second and want to see someone living out their faith in a real way, please visit Kenny's Blog.